Thursday, August 18, 2005

Grrr x 2

This week is the second annual Hairrison Street Fair here in San Francisco. Hairrison is the world's only street fair for Bears. I attended last year's inaugural event, and had a blast. The block of Harrison Street in front of the Lone Star is gated off, and the entire Best Western is taken over by raging bears. As you can see, the motel pool becomes clothing optional. I didn't take pictures of every booth, bar, line-dancing space, or whatever. Lots to see, lots to do.

I've put together a small not-safe-for-work gallery of photos from last year's fair, if you want to take a look. The images are private on Flickr, so if you want to see larger scans, you'll need to email me.




Here's the official Hairrison webpage, with all the info. Drop me a line if you'll be in town.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like you know how to enjoy yourselves there in san francisco..
did you liked Rome ? I hope so..

Bye !

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PopMuse.com wants to see that photo album!!! Link Please!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a nice time at Harrison, but I didn't see too much group action. Does anyone know if there are any gay baths that cater to bears/chubs in the SF area? I found a few listed on BathhouseGuide.com, but nothing specifically for bears. I don't want to go to the Steamworks in Berkeley and find that there are no bears. Anyone know where to go? Also, does the Bear Hug event still take place each month in the Mission District? Who knows there website?
Eddie, Los Angeles

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently, the Watergarden Baths in San Jose is bear friendly, according to this site: http://bearbookmarks.com/adulttheme.htm
Also, there seems to be a monthly bear event in Los Angeles at the Midtowne Spa on the first wednesday of each month. Never been there, but it's called Bears and Bellies Night. Hope that helps.

CB

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home