Friday, January 28, 2005

Comics in February



What I'm looking out for from Marvel and DC. I can never find month-ahead previews for other comics companies. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

February 2

Shanna the She-Devil #1 -- don't usually buy comics just because they feature scantily-clad women, but this is a sentimental favorite and the art looks gorgeous. Will it have a story? Will anyone care?


February 9

Fables #34 -- love the cover (above), and it's the first of a two-parter.
Nightwing #103 -- enjoying this 6-part biweekly look at how Robin became Nightwing.
She-Hulk #12 -- bought the first trade for this a couple of weeks back, and I tracked down all the uncollected issues in the meantime. Lots of fun so far.
The Ultimates 2 #3 -- best art in the biz. Totally addicted.
Vimanarama #1 -- I'm giving my trust to Grant Morrison over the next year; don't let me down, Grant!

February 16

Astonishing X-Men #8 -- great creators on the franchise's main title.
Ex Machina #8 -- very surprised when my local comics store employee pronounced this correctly. (Somehow "ma-key-nah" always sounds pretentious to me. It's like someone who tries to pronounce "croissant" with a French accent.)
Promethea #32 -- final issue, and what looks like an interesting art stunt: each page can be reassembled as a huge 2-sided poster. I guess we gotta get multiple copies and run them through the laminator.

February 23
Legion of Super-Heroes #3 -- I'm enjoying my return to this comic, which was one of the first series I ever followed (back when I was in elementary school)
Nightwing #104
Seven Soldiers #0 -- Grant Morrison's crazy superhero multi-miniseries event begins. This fanboy drools.
Solo #3: Paul Pope -- very interesting anthology -- major artists do multiple stories with (sometimes) different writers. Not a huge Pope fan, but I'll give it a shot.

SO... let me know: What else should I be looking out for, and what are you looking forward to?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's the whole preview each month at http://westfieldcomics.com/wow/hub.html

François

12:40 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

Thanks, François,

There's also Previews Review, which I've added to the sidebar. I'll try to use both of those sources next time.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home