Wednesday, February 20, 2008

WonderCon

Glad to see that io9 has put together a pick's page for WonderCon, but bummed that it's so relentlessly straight.

Apparently to make me feel better, Justin Hall of All Thumbs Press has put together a nice listing of his WonderCon events, while Zan Christensen has put together his annual Gay Agenda for WonderCon. Phew.

Besides WonderCon, here are some things I'm excited about:
  • Justin Hall winning the 2008 Queer Press Grant from Prism. He's going to use it to make a bookstore-sellable edition of Glamazonia The Uncanny Super Tranny, which is hawt.

  • Robert Kirby is coming out with The Book of Boy Trouble 2. I love volume 1: The Book of Boy Trouble

  • I'm enjoying Gail Simone's run on Wonder Woman.

  • At Whatever, the comic store in the Castro, I picked up a great black Wonder Woman hoodie that I want to wear everyday. I hear the theme song when I walk down the street. All our hopes depend upon you....

4 Comments:

Blogger Lito Sandoval said...

Walk proud with that hoodie, It gave you the strength to carry all the books and toys you bought!

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder Con was great! I picked up all the issues of Pride High, which is amazing. Gail Simon on Wonder Woman hasn't made me this happy since Phil Jimenez's run.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That beautiful… enchant to me… I must spend more times this way.
Thanks

12:45 PM  
Blogger zentinal said...

If you want a con less "relentlessly straight" then please give Gaylaxicon a try.
http://www.gaylaxicon2008.org
http://www.gaylaxicon2009.org

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home